We have developed a remote education strategy that is integrated into our school curriculum.
Remote education is an essential component in the delivery of our school curriculum particularly for pupils who are self-isolating.
We use Google Classroom to enhance the children’s learning both at school and at home. It is used for home learning activities, sharing useful information videos and for providing a way for parents to communicate remotely with teachers.
If children need to stay at home for a period of time, we will use Google Classroom to seamlessly switch to providing remote education.
We have planned for a variety of circumstances in which children will require remote education. These are:
- a child, or household member, is awaiting a coronavirus test result
- a child is self-isolating
- a proportion of children in a class are self-isolating
- a whole class or year group bubble is self isolating
- school is only open for the children of critical workers and vulnerable children
- school is closed to all children
For more information, please view our remote education policy below.
Below are some useful remote education documents including our policy, Google Classroom handbook and information about how to join Google Classroom.