Throughout the period of partial school closure, we endeavoured to provide all of our families with the support they needed. Now that all children have returned to school, we will continue to make the health and wellbeing of all our families our main priority.
Evidence suggests there are 5 steps you can take to look after our own wellbeing as well as that of your children. These are known as the five ways to wellbeing. They are:
- Connect with people around you and with others.
- Smile, talk and listen, play, share and help others.
- Take part in physical activity you enjoy.
- Play a game in the garden, go for a walk or run, dance.
- Be aware of the world around you, of nature, and how you are feeling.
- Be curious, enjoy the moment and be grateful for the simple things in your life.
- Set new goals and challenges that you will enjoy achieving.
- Access our Virtual School pages for ideas, take on new responsibilities.
- Give a smile, a compliment, your friendship or simply some time for yourself and others.
- Share acts of kindness.
Useful wellbeing information
Below are a selection of useful websites, newsletters, reports and other resources relating to wellbeing: